Year of call: 2002
Rebecca is a CPS Grade 4 (top tier) prosecutor and is a member of both the Serious Crime Group Specialist Panel and RASSO Panel.
She is vastly experienced in complex cases involving serious organised crime networks, working closely with many specialist prosecution agencies across the country and was recently awarded a Commendation from the Assistant Commissioner to the Metropolitan police for her work in prosecuting a series of linked trials that resulted in convictions for over twenty defendants. Rebecca specializes in cases involving covert surveillance, disclosure and PII issues.
Rebecca is highly sought after by both the CPS and defence solicitors in cases where serious sexual offences are alleged, in particular those involving vulnerable or child witnesses and for defednats who have mental health or learning difficulties. She is frequently instructed in such cases alleged to have committed in schools, care homes, the church and within the care system.
Rebecca is known for her expertise in the cross examination of forensic evidence and prides herself on the exemplary service she provides to both professional and lay clients.
- R v W & Others – OCN who have stole over £186k of tools from vehicles
- R v G – Historic allegations of sexual abuse by a Catholic priest
- R v H – Multi-complainant allegations of rape
- R v M – Recent allegations of multiple and repeated rape of a step child
- R v C – False imprisonment, strangulation and multiple rape of estranged wife (to feature in a 2019 Channel 4 documentary)
- R v D – NCA prosecution of defendant who grounded American Airline plane in San Francisco and made thousands of false bomb threats that closed over 400 schools
- Operation Vocare 2017-2019 – A series of linked trials of an Organised Crime Network who in a conspiracy that involved 17 aggravated burglaries of mobile phone stores in London and stole stock worth over £1million
- R v B – Conspiracy to transfer firearm investigated
- R v D – Multiple complainant case involving historic and allegations of child rape
- R v R & Others – Drug conspiracy involving multiple defendants
- R v M – Led junior in a baby shaking murder
- R v W – Serious sexual assault of a disabled adult male by his carer
- R v F – Multi complainant case involving non-recent serious sexual offences against pupils by a headmaster at a primary school
- R v W – Multi complainant case involving rape and serious sexual offences against children under five years of age by a family member
- R v M & Others – Leading junior for first defendant in a seventeen handed multi million pound cocaine conspiracy
- R v H – Led junior in a six handed conspiracy to murder
- LLB (Hons) University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne – 2.1
- Middle Temple (Jules Thorn Scholar 2001, Accommodation Award 2001)