Year of call: 2002
Rebecca prosecutes and defends across London, the Western and South Eastern Circuit and is a Grade 3 advocate in all three areas. She is also an approved rape prosecutor.
Rebecca is an experienced criminal practitioner. Her practice consists predominately of serious criminal matters. She is well known for her conscientious and very thorough preparation of cases and her attention to detail. Rebecca is often sought for advice at an early stage in relation to issues of expert evidence, disclosure and charge.
Rebecca is regularly instructed in cases which require sensitive and competent handling of very vulnerable witnesses or defendants and is increasingly sought after for her extensive experience of difficult and complex sexual allegations involving recent and non-recent complaints.
- R v W (2016) Serious sexual assault of a disabled adult male by his carer
- R v F (2016) Multi complainant case involving non-recent serious sexual offences against pupils by a headmaster at a primary school
- R v D (2016) Multi complainant case involving non-recent serious sexual offences against children under the age of eleven by a family member
- R v M & others (2016) Four handed attempted robbery
- R v W (2015) Multi complainant case involving non recent sexual offences against children by a family member
- R v W (2015) Multi complainant case involving rape and serious sexual offences against children under five years of age by a family member
- R v M & others (2015) Leading junior for first defendant in a seventeen handed multi million pound cocaine conspiracy
- R v N (2015) Arson with intent to endanger life
- R v J (2015) Being concerned in the supply of cocaine/laundering criminal property – benefit figure in excess of £250k
- R v W (2015) Rape of a child of six by a family member
- R v LG (2015) Immigration offences – illegal immigrants smuggled into the country
- R v H (2014) Led Junior in a six handed conspiracy to murder
- R v RH (2014) Importation of a drug intended to be administered to induce an abortion
- LLB (Hons) University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Middle Temple (Jules Thorn Scholar 2001, Accommodation Award 2001)