Year of call: 2011
Shaheed enjoys a broad civil and commercial practice covering Immigration, Employment, Landlord and Tenant (Residential and Commercial), Consumer Credit, Insolvency, Contractual Disputes and Contentious Probate.
Present and recent instructions include:
- Representing clients in appeals against decisions of Entry Clearance Officers and the SSHD;
- Advising an employee of a university hospital trust in claims for direct racial discrimination and harassment;
- Acting for a solicitors’ firm defending claims for disability discrimination;
- Representing Applicants and Respondents in applications to set aside statutory demands; and in contested bankruptcy petitions;
- Acting for Claimants and Defendants in housing disrepair claims;
- Advising on, and representing applicants in, applications to remove administrators of deceased’s estates.
- Various commercial contract disputes in the County and High Court;
A keen advocate of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Shaheed has represented clients in without prejudice negotiations, mediations and arbitrations.
Shaheed is authorised by the Bar Standards Board to accept instructions under the Direct Public Access Scheme and is licenced to conduct litigation.
- LL.B (Hons)
- BVC, BPP Law School, Holborn
- Inner Temple