Nigel first studied agriculture and worked for many years in the Middle East, Africa and India and has an in depth knowledge of those areas and the diverse cultures. Nigel has a practice covering all aspects of financial and private law children proceedings, including child abduction. He regularly represents clients in both the financial and children aspects of their cases. Nigel specialises in applications (within the UK or abroad) and deals with financial proceedings all levels, involving cases involving pre-nuptial agreements, third party interests and trusts.
Nigel is a qualified mediator, and accepts instructions on a direct access basis, often following a referral from solicitors.
Nigel is also dual registered with the Bar Council as a self-employed barrister and acts on a consultancy basis for solicitors.
Private Child law
Nigel deals with all aspects of private law children proceedings, both within the UK and internationally.
Nigel regularly acts in applications for Child Arrangements Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders and Specific Issue Orders (including disputes over issues such as schooling, holidays and name changes), he has conducted multi–day fact finding hearings within Children Act proceedings involving serious allegations of abuse, and has acted in a number of cases involving the appointment of a children’s guardian
Nigel regularly deals with complex cases involving substantial assets, disputed valuations, non-disclosure and/or dissipation of assets, assets held off-shore, interveners and enforcement. His cases often have an international element, including jurisdiction disputes and claims brought after a foreign divorce. He routinely acts in Schedule 1 cases and accepts instructions in appeals to the Child Support Tribunal.
- TOLATA/Trust disputes
- Land & Property disputes including boundary disputes and
- agricultural tenancy issues
- Inheritance Act claims
- Wills & Probate
- Private FDR
- Public Law
Examples of recent work include:
- Arrangements for children after divorce or separation, including intractable disputes and those involving allegations of violence or abuse
- Specific issues regarding children’s upbringing, including schooling, medical treatment, and change of name
- Requests to take children abroad, either temporarily or permanently
- Enforcement of and variation to existing orders regarding children
- Children cases with an international dimension
- FDR involving farming business and estate worth over 5 million
- Financial remedies following sale of UK business in South Africa
- Applications relating to pensions held in the U.S. and FDR proceedings
- FDR involving monies held in trust and in the IOM and failure to disclose
- Member of Grays’ Inn
- Family Law Bar Association
“I just wanted to say another enormous ‘thank you’ for all that you did for me over the course of the FDA and FDR. You made the whole process much more bearable than it would have been otherwise and I really value all your support and advice. You helped me keep a professional perspective and I thoroughly enjoyed working with you” – a recent Lay Client.
+44 2392 836880
+44 20 7353 1746