Les Smith was called to the Bar of England and Wales, 25 years ago, having previously being a senior lecturer in law, in Colleges and a local University.
Les soon, become one of only two Counsel, instructed by a National Motor Trade Insurance company, securing instructions and advising Mercedes Benz Dealerships on legal challenge with their franchise agreements with Mercedes Benz (UK).
Moving from London, to the south coast, he quickly built his own local following, being instructed on all serious crime, including fatal offences and drug importation,
During the last 10 years, Les is predominately instructed on family matters, most noticeably on Private and Public Children Act proceedings, which includes both brining and defending breach of court orders and contempt of court. His family instructions have included representing 2 high profile ‘celebrity’ clients, for an occupation order and non-molestation order.
- Family law – Children Act and Family Law Act matters
- Civil law – including Credit Hire and road traffic accidents
- Crime – All matters, including Road Traffic
In the 3 years since joining Chambers, here is a selection of what has been sent to Les’ clerks:
- Please pass Les my and my client’s enormous gratitude for the way in which he has dealt with this, and his personal kindness to B. It is very much appreciated.
- Please also be advised that the client called to provide very positive feedback. He advised that Counsel was excellent; stating that he was extremely thorough, down to earth and factual, and asked that I pass on his gratitude.
- I would just like to get a message to the lovely Les Smith please. Thank you so much for everything you have done for me, the support and courage you have given me through this horrible time.
- I appreciate everything you have done and your amazing skills I don’t think I would of got this far without you!
- Even receiving a Devon hamper, not from the client, but from his instructing solicitors!
- An instructing solicitor stating she has worked with [Les] before in (case of Re: A) and had very good feedback and was very impressed!
+44 2392 836880
+44 20 7353 1746