Year of call: 1997
A former solicitor, John approaches his cases with patience, understanding and compassion.
His public law practice includes cases of neglect, non-accidental injury, sexual abuse and fabricated induced illness.
His private law practice includes cases of domestic violence (emotional, physical and sexual abuse) and its’ impact on child arrangements; contact disputes, including intractable disputes and implacable hostility and disputes involving paternity.
John’s practice is predominantly family and includes:
- Contested divorce, judicial separation and nullity
- Declarations relating to marital status and parentage
- Injunction proceedings under the Family Law Act 1996 (including applications for forced marriage protection orders)
- Protection from Harassment Act 1997 & ancillary to common law actions
- Private law Children Act matters acting for parents, extended family members and Guardians
- Public law Children Act matters acting for Local Authorities, parents, extended family members, the Official Solicitor & Guardians
- Applications for permission to remove children from the jurisdiction (temporary and permanent) and internal relocation
- Child abduction
- Ancillary relief (small value to high value including farming cases)
- Applications under Schedule 1 Children Act 1989
- Transfer of tenancy applications under Schedule 7 Family Law Act 1996
Reported Family Cases
- Re K (Children) (Care Order: Adoption)  EWCA Civ 961;  All ER (D) Jul
- E v E  EWCA civ 843;  2 FLR 1228
- Lake v Lake  EWCA Civ 1250;  1 FLR 427
- Re F (Paternity: Jurisdiction)  EWCA Civ 873;  1 FLR 225
- Re M (A Child) (Allegations of Rape: Fact Finding Hearing)  All ER (D) (12 Nov)
- Re F (Children)  EWCA Civ 1765;  All ER (D) 61 (Apr)
- Re S (A Child) (Declaration of Parentage)  EWCA Civ 1160;  All ER (D) 140 (Aug)
- Claims under the Trust of Land & Appointment of Trustees Act 1996
- Experience in contested probate matters relating to challenging wills and the validity of wills; Inheritance Act claims and issues relating to promissory estoppel; mental capacity and undue influence.
- Diploma in Law (Guildford)
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- Lincoln’s Inn
Click here for my Personal Privacy Statement