Cherreem Lindsay has built a common law practice which encompasses family, immigration and civil work. She has a wealth of experience and regularly accepts both legally aided and privately funded instructions.
Cherreem is renowned for being an approachable advocate and for her meticulous preparation and tenacity in court.
Prior to her career at the Bar, she worked as a civil servant for the Ministry of Justice and the Home Office.
She is an accredited civil, commercial, workplace and employment mediator. She is also a trained conflict coach, family and community mediator. Cherreem has built strong links within her local community where she volunteers as a conflict coach and mediator for Wandsworth Mediation Service.
Cherreem has extensive experience acting on behalf of applicants and respondents in cases involving emergency injunctive relief and occupation orders. She also represents clients in a wide range of private law children cases from child arrangement orders, prohibited steps orders, specific issues orders, domestic abuse, parental alienation and in highly contentious disputes which involves dealing with international relocation.
She is regularly instructed on behalf of local authorities, parents and other family members in public law proceedings. She appears in cases involving allegations of domestic abuse, drug and alcohol misuse, neglect and emotional harm.
She has represented parents and local authorities in all stages of proceedings including complex multi-day fact-finding and final hearings.
Cherreem appears on behalf of the Secretary of State for the Home Department and appellants in the First-tier and Upper Immigration Tribunals in all areas of immigration and asylum law. This has given her a unique ability to see both sides of the arguments.
Cherreem accepts instructions in a range of civil work RTAs, SEND, housing/landlord and tenant.
- 2012: LLM, Birkbeck College (University of London)
- 2011: BPTC, College of Law
- 2005: LLB (Hons), Staffordshire University
- Conflict Coach and Community Mediator, Wandsworth Mediation Service 2019
- Family Mediator, ADR 2014
- Accredited workplace and employment mediator, London School of Mediation 2013
- Accredited civil and commercial mediator, London School of Mediation 2012
- The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants
- Commonwealth in England Barristers Association
- Civil Mediation Council
- The Worshipful Company of Arbitrators (Liveryman and Court Assistant)
+44 2392 836880
+44 20 7353 1746