Year of call: 2004
Alex graduated with Honours in Spanish and Music from Exeter University before being called to the Bar with the Inner Temple. She joined One Inner Temple Lane in 2006 before the successful merger with 2 King’s Bench Walk in January 2017.
Alex enjoys a successful defence and prosecution practice, including both private and publicly funded work. Her Crown Court practice extends predominantly across Greater London and the South East. Alex is experienced in cases involving serious sexual offences, serious violence, arson, witness intimidation, large-scale and multi-handed drug supply, firearms and fraud. Alex’s experience expands into the areas of prison law and judicial review, as well as experience in a variety of Court Martial cases, both at home and abroad.
- R v W – Inner London Crown Court – led Junior; multi-handed multiple armed robbery case
- R v X – Cambridge Crown Court – defending; s.18 stabbing; acquitted; multiple legal arguments, hostile witnesses and young defendant
- R v B – Kingston Crown Court – defending; multi-handed armed robbery trial
- R v K – Central Criminal Court, prosecuting; s.18: domestic violence by liquid burns http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/14521780.Scorned_lover_cleared_of_pouring_scalding_coffee_on_ex_boyfriend_s_face/
- R v Rollins – EWCA Crim 86 – authority on sentencing for offences of possession of a firearm with intent; represented the defendant at both the Crown Court and Court of Appeal; Solicitor-General Edward Garnier QC prosecuted
- R v D – Luton Crown Court – defending; multi-handed firearms and conspiracy to supply class A drugs
- R v J L & D – Luton Crown Court – prosecuting, multi-handed Class A drugs and firearms trial – https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2018-01-31/three-men-jailed-for-drugs-and-firearm-offences/
- R v O – Inner London Crown Court -defending; only acquittal secured in multi-handed conspiracy to supply Class A drugs (c.£750k)
- R v B – Guildford Crown Court – defending; acquitted; conspiracy to supply Class A drugs; defendant a convicted prisoner in solitary cell at time of alleged offences; extensive PII and disclosure applications
- R v S – Middlesbrough Crown Court – led Junior; 10 week multi-handed conspiracy to supply Class A drugs; £1/4 million value; extensive disclosure and PII
- R v W – Sheffield Crown Court – led Junior; 3 week conspiracy to supply Class A drugs; comprehensive analysis of mobile telephone traffic, cell-site and attribution evidence
- R v B – Woolwich Crown Court – defending; multi-handed rape allegation; unanimous acquittal
- R v D – Woolwich Crown Court – defending; acquittal; allegations of historic gross sexual indecency with defendant’s son
- R v J – Nottingham Crown Court – defending; 14 year old client; allegation of anal rape of 8 year old
- R v T – Isleworth Crown Court – prosecuting; sexual assault; defendant a Chelsea Pensioner http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11735376/Chelsea-Pensioner-sexually-assaults-young-woman-in-his-room.html
- R v S – Woolwich Crown Court – defending; accusation of rape of 14 year old family member
- R v H – Luton Crown Court – defending; multiple sex allegations and rape of son/s; http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2016-09-09/bedfordshire-man-jailed-for-18-years-for-sexually-abusing-children/
- R v M – Blackfriars Crown Court – defending; ‘stranger rape’; offences 15 years apart
- R v A – Woolwich Crown Court – defending; multiple historic sexual allegations; acquitted
- R v Sgt T – Sennelager, Germany – s.18; AWOL; dangerous driving
- R v A – Guildford Crown Court – defending; 2 week 10 count fraud trial; complex analysis of extensive financial records, contested handwriting evidence, multiple legal arguments and subsequent full-day contested POCA hearing
- R v W-T – Isleworth Crown Court – defending; privately instructed; aggravated arson
- R v Nguyen  EWCA Crim 923
- R v Kilara  EWCA Crim 2112 (Banks on Sentence 12th Ed.)
- R v Apaw  EWCA Crim 1857
- R v Chakir  EWCA Crim 1342
- AG’s Ref. (No. 6 of 2011)  EWCA Crim 86
- R v Ayhan  EWCA Crim 3184
- R v McTigue  EWCA Crim 2674
- R v Oringa  EWCA Crim 2051
- BA Hons (2i Spanish with Music) – University of Exeter.
- DELE (Spanish, Nivel Superior) – Instituto Cervantes, Valencia.
- Diploma in Translation (Spanish, Letter of Credit) – Institute of Linguists, London.
- PGDL (Commendation) – College of Law, Guildford.
- BVC (Very Competent) – College of Law, London.
- Criminal Bar Association
- Junior Bar Association
- Spanish – fluent
- French – basic
Alex is public access qualified and a Grade 3 CPS prosecutor.
Click here for my Personal Privacy Statement