Year of call: 2004
Alex graduated in Spanish and Music with Honours from Exeter University before being called to the Bar with the Inner Temple. She joined One Inner Temple Lane in 2006 before the successful merger with 2 King’s Bench Walk in January 2017.
Alex enjoys a successful defence and prosecution practice, including both private and publicly funded work. Her Crown Court practice extends predominantly across Greater London and the South East as well as the Western Circuit. Alex is experienced in a wealth of cases involving murder, other serious violent offences, serious sex offences, arson, witness intimidation, large-scale and multi-handed drug supply, firearms and fraud. Alex’s practice expands into the areas of prison law and Judicial Review and she also benefits from experience in a variety of Court Martial cases, both at home and abroad.
Recent Notable Cases
- R v P – Kingston Crown Court – led junior; defending; trial following’ confession’ of paedophile killing; https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9316064/Ex-marine-who-murdered-neighbour-turned-away-by-police-when-he-tried-to-confess.html
- R v G – Central Criminal Court – led junior; defending; multi-handed, only acquittal after successful ‘half time’ submission; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48743976
- R v RD – Winchester Crown Court – led junior; prosecuting arson following sadistic/sexual murder; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-51357444; https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/04/kelly-anne-case-man-convicted-of-savage
- R v W – Inner London Crown Court – led Junior; multi-handed multiple armed robbery; bank ‘masked’ attackers
- R v X – Cambridge Crown Court – defending; s.18 stabbing; multiple legal arguments, hostile witnesses and young defendant; acquitted
- R v B – Kingston Crown Court – defending; multi-handed armed robbery trial
- R v K – Central Criminal Court, prosecuting; s.18: domestic violence by liquid burns http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/14521780.Scorned_lover_cleared_of_pouring_scalding_coffee_on_ex_boyfriend_s_face/
- R v B – St Alban’s Crown Court – defending; youth; 3 x s.18 GBH; actus reus; Hospital Order resulted.
- R v Rollins – EWCA Crim 86 – defending; sentencing authority; Crown Court and Court of Appeal; Solicitor-General Edward Garnier QC prosecuting
- R v D – Luton Crown Court – defending; multi-handed firearms and conspiracy to supply class A drugs
- R v J L & D – Luton Crown Court – prosecuting, multi-handed Class A drugs and firearms trial – https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2018-01-31/three-men-jailed-for-drugs-and-firearm-offences/
- R v H – St Alban’s Crown Court – prosecuting; repeated possession of firearm; ‘vulnerable’ defendant; conviction – https://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/news/convicted-killer-back-jail-after-gun-found-hemel-hempstead-home-554459
- R v D – Croydon Crown Court – defending; firearm with intent; duress defence; trial; acquitted
- R v C – Snaresbrook Crown Court – defending; multi-handed; drugs and firearms conspiracy; comprehensive analysis of mobile telephone traffic; cell-site and attribution evidence
- R v O – Inner London Crown Court -defending; only acquittal secured in multi-handed conspiracy to supply Class A drugs (c.£750k)
- R v B – Guildford Crown Court – defending; acquitted; conspiracy to supply Class A drugs; defendant a convicted prisoner in solitary cell at time of alleged offences; extensive PII and disclosure applications
- R v S – Middlesbrough Crown Court – led Junior; 10 week multi-handed conspiracy to supply Class A drugs; £1/4 million value; extensive disclosure and PII
- R v W – Sheffield Crown Court – led Junior; 3 week conspiracy to supply Class A drugs; comprehensive analysis of mobile telephone traffic, cell-site and attribution evidence
- R v B – Woolwich Crown Court – prosecuting; HMP Belmarsh prison officer conveying and supplying Class A; comprehensive analysis / disclosure issue re: third party / prison records / material
- R v B – Woolwich Crown Court – defending; multi-handed rape allegation; unanimous acquittal
- R v D – Woolwich Crown Court – defending; allegations of historic gross sexual indecency with defendant’s son; acquitted
- R v J – Nottingham Crown Court – defending; 14 year old client; allegation of anal rape of 8 year old
- R v T – Isleworth Crown Court – prosecuting; sexual assault; defendant a Chelsea Pensioner; conviction http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11735376/Chelsea-Pensioner-sexually-assaults-young-woman-in-his-room.html
- R v S – Woolwich Crown Court – defending; accusation of rape of 14 year old family member
- R v H – Luton Crown Court – defending; multiple sex allegations and rape of son/s; http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2016-09-09/bedfordshire-man-jailed-for-18-years-for-sexually-abusing-children/
- R v M – Blackfriars Crown Court – defending; ‘stranger rape’; offences 15 years apart – https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/jailed-minicab-rapist-who-plied-student-with-drink-and-drugs-a3635526.html
- R v Z – Warwick Crown Court – defending; multi-handed; people trafficking / exploitation
- R v A – Woolwich Crown Court – defending; multiple historic sexual allegations; acquitted
- R v DS – Snaresbrook Crown Court – defending; multi-handed; adult rape of child complainant
- R v A – Snaresbrook Crown Court – defending; multi-handed; rape allegation; defendant said to have jointly drugged complainant; acquitted
- R v W – Croydon Crown Court – defending; multiple historic familial sexual allegations
- R v Sgt Various – Sennelager, Germany – multiple, including s.18 GBH; s.20 GBH, offensive weapon, dangerous driving and AWOL
- R v A – Guildford Crown Court – defending; 2 week 10 count fraud trial; complex analysis of extensive financial records, contested handwriting evidence, multiple legal arguments and subsequent full-day contested POCA hearing
- R v W-T – Isleworth Crown Court – defending; privately instructed; aggravated arson
- R v B – Newport Crown Court – prosecuting; fraud; care-worked as position of trust for National Society; convicted – https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/17311773.court-isle-of-wight-care-worker-wont-pay-compensation-or-lose-job-after-volunteer-work-theft/
- R v Nguyen  EWCA Crim 923
- R v Kilara  EWCA Crim 2112 (Banks on Sentence 12th Ed.)
- R v Apaw  EWCA Crim 1857
- R v Chakir  EWCA Crim 1342
- AG’s Ref. (No. 6 of 2011)  EWCA Crim 86
- R v Ayhan  EWCA Crim 3184
- R v McTigue  EWCA Crim 2674
- R v Oringa  EWCA Crim 2051
- BA Hons (2i Spanish with Music) – University of Exeter.
- DELE (Spanish, Nivel Superior) – Instituto Cervantes, Valencia.
- Diploma in Translation (Spanish, Letter of Credit) – Institute of Linguists, London.
- PGDL (Commendation) – College of Law, Guildford.
- BVC (Very Competent) – College of Law, London.
- Inner Temple
- Criminal Bar Association
- Junior Bar Association
- Spanish – fluent
- French – basic
Alex is public access qualified and a Grade 3 CPS prosecutor.
Click here for my Personal Privacy Statement