Year of call: 1991
Adrian Fleming has a wide ranging criminal practice that includes both prosecution and defence cases of all levels of seriousness. This includes offences involving both importation and supply of drugs, all types of violent and sexual offences, offences involving children (both as witnesses and as defendants), large scale public disorder and fraud.
Adrian is a Grade 3 prosecutor and RASSO approved.
- R v H and another – Defended in a case involving allegations of assault and attempted kidnap of a suspected paedophile. Acquitted of the more serious charge
- R v M and others – Defended one of a number of persons accused of serious sexual offences. The case arose out of the discovery of an international paedophile ring with connections in Australia and Germany
- R v E – Defended in a case involving a four year campaign of rape and other serious sexual offences by the defendant on his partner. The defendant, the aggrieved and a co-defendant (who gave evidence for the prosecution) had mental health issues and required very careful handling. The trial involved lengthy and complex issues relating to disclosure and admissibility of bad character evidence. The defendant was ultimately convicted and received a lengthy indeterminate sentence
- R v D and others – Prosecuted three defendants accused of section 18 GBH and violent disorder. Allegation was of a joint attack involving the use of knives, baseball bats and a dangerous dog. All three defendants convicted. D appealed his conviction on the grounds of fresh evidence and instructed a QC to represent him. Witnesses were called and cross examined during the hearing in the Court of Appeal. The conviction was upheld
- R v B – Leading junior for the defence in a case involving a number of complex and high value frauds of mobile phone companies. Defendant acquitted at trial following legal argument over serious failures of disclosure by the prosecution
- BA (Hons) Cantab
- Middle Temple