Caroline Kinloch-Jones is a specialist practitioner in Family Law and is a member of the Family Team.
Caroline is regularly instructed to appear on behalf of Local Authorities, Respondents and Guardians in public law cases. She has particular experience and understanding of vulnerable parents, dealing with clients with mental health issues and difficulties giving instructions, cases requiring the Official Solicitor.
Caroline trained as a physiotherapist prior to being called to the Bar and gained invaluable insight working within NHS Trusts, to the world of medicine and in particular an ability to comprehend medical notes. Her knowledge of anatomy and physiology together with her experience in the fields of orthopaedics and paediatric chest physiotherapy has also proved relevant when preparing cases for finding of fact hearings involving non accidental injuries.
- 2023 – BCPC v C & others (Care proceedings) – case ran for two years with eventual outcome of all five children living in family placements
- 2023 – HCC v Y – acting for a father with serious mental health issues requiring the assistance of an intermediary
- 2023 – HCC v A & NSC – acting for a second local authority re legal arguments on the issue of delegation
- 2022 – BCT v H – acting for the local authority in a final hearing successfully seeking care and placement orders after the mother has been in a residential placement with child for over a year
- 2022 – NSC v W & others – acting for a father seeking for his children to be returned to his care. Issues of substance misuse, mental health and domestic abuse
- 2020 – BCP Council v KC & others (Care proceedings: Return to Poland: Child arrangements order)  EWFC 20 (19 March 2020)
Caroline has a wide experience of all aspects of Private Law including child arrangements, injunctive relief and removal from the jurisdiction; issues of traveller culture within the context of Child Arrangement Orders.
- Grad Dip Phys 1978 Guy’s Hospital
- Grad Dip Law 2000 University of the West Of England
- BVC 2002 Very Competent
- Family Law Bar Association
- Western Circuit
+44 2392 836880
+44 20 7353 1746