Year of call: 2002
Caroline is a specialist practitioner in Family Law and is a member of the Family Team.
Caroline trained as a physiotherapist prior to being called to the Bar and gained invaluable insight working within NHS Trusts, to the world of medicine and in particular an ability to comprehend medical notes. Her knowledge of anatomy and physiology together with her experience in the fields of orthopaedics and paediatric chest physiotherapy has also proved relevant when preparing cases.
Caroline is regularly instructed to appear on behalf of Local Authorities, Respondents and Guardians in public law cases. She has particular experience and understanding of vulnerable parents, dealing with clients with mental health issues and difficulties giving instructions, cases requiring the Official Solicitor and non accidental injuries.
Caroline has a wide experience of all aspects of Private Law including child arrangements, injunctive relief and removal from the jurisdiction; issues of traveller culture within the context of Child Arrangement Orders.
Recent Notable Cases
Public Law Cases
- 2016 – ESCC v H & H – Care proceedings involving behavioral disorders, looked after mother and child and domestic violence
- 2016 – ESCC v M – Care proceedings involving mental health issues, domestic violence and long term neglect
- 2016 – SBC v F – Care proceedings involving mental health issues and domestic violence requiring 2 medical experts; one adult and one child and adolescent psychiatrist
- 2015 – SBC v H, O & Others- Care proceedings involving long term heroin addiction and neglect
- 2015 – SCC v J & Others – Care proceedings involving domestic violence, drug abuse and neglect
Private Law Cases
- 2016 – B v M – Application for child to live with father following allegations of sexual abuse; finding of fact hearing
- 2016 – Y v W – Application for removal from jurisdiction
- 2015 – C v W – Application for shared care arrangement achieving 40/60 balance with each parent- child under three years of age
- 2015 – T v T – injunctive proceedings following revelations from children of sexual abuse; findings made resulting in indirect contact with children only
Inn: Inner Temple
Qualifications: BVC very competent; Post Grad Dip Law; Grad Dip Phys – Guy’s Hospital
Memberships: Family Law Bar Association, Western Circuit
Click here for my Personal Privacy Statement