Year of call: 2005
Eileen undertakes all aspects of criminal work and is instructed by both defence & prosecution. She is regularly instructed by the CPS as a grade 2 prosecutor and has particular expertise in cases involving violent crime, drugs and matters of dishonesty. Eileen is regularly instructed to advise and conduct hearings on behalf of both the Crown and the Defence in proceedings relating to the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
In addition to her criminal practice Eileen has a varied civil practice with a particular interest in personal injury and landlord and tenant. Eileen regularly advises and settles pleadings in all aspects of general civil law and is often instructed to advise on liability and quantum. Eileen has particular experience (from being on secondment to Crawley Borough Council) in housing, licensing and the law relating to ASBO’s. Eileen also undertakes family law and is keen to develop this side of her practice.
Eileen has an expanding employment practice and undertakes both advisory and advocacy work in these areas including constructive and unfair dismissal, disability, race and sex discrimination and actions under the TUPE Regulations.
- R v S – Junior Counsel for the defence in this complex 8 week fraud
- R v B – defending in a four handed burglary
- R v S – A case involing allegations of sexual abuse on 13 year old boy
- R v P – Defendant charged with alleged dowloads of indecent images of children
- R v D – Benefit fraud case
- Bsc (Hons) Politics, Southampton University
- CPE, City University (City University Scholarship & James Crouch Scholarship)
- Gray’s Inn