Year of call: 2001
Tobias has gained extensive experience in the work carried out by local authorities. He worked as in-house Counsel and standing Counsel for several London boroughs and has been on the approved list of counsel for County and District councils all over the country.
His practice encompasses general civil litigation, particularly personal injury, housing, landlord and tenant, inquests, regulatory crime and the many and varied areas of practice covered by local authorities. He regularly acts for defendants and typically those facing regulatory charges such as HMO licensing, Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and licensing. He has had involvement in a number of notable cases concerning local authorities.
Tobias joined chambers with the intention of furthering his niche in entertainment law to which he has already represented a number of well-known artists from simple contract issues to the collection of undisclosed royalties. Tobias background enables him to assist artists and entertainment professionals in dealing with all sorts of legal issues, in effect to providing a dedicated one-stop service.
Tobias is known to be a versatile and pragmatic advocate who always remembers to keep clients best interests at heart.
- LLM (distinction) University of Westminster
- LLB (2:1) SOAS, University of London
- Certificate in Legal Method (Distinction) Birkbeck College University of London
- Southward Housing Co-Operative Ltd v Walker and Hay  EWHC 1615 (Ch)
- Lynch v Kirby  All ER (D) 114 (Mar);  EWHC 297
- LB. Haringey v Tshilumbe  All ER (D) 132(Oct);  EWHC 2820 (Admin)
- LB. Southwark v Onayomake  All ER (D) 287 (Oct);  EWCA Civ 1426
- R v Richard Hussey (application for reference to European Court Of Human Rights)
Tobias is a qualified mediator
Click here for my Personal Privacy Statement