Year of call: 1994
Robin is a leading junior with a wide range of experience in crime and regulatory matters. He is a grade 4 prosecutor for the CPS on the Serious Crime and Counter Terrorism panels. In addition to his busy practice Robin is also a Senior Lecturer and CPD Consultant at the City University Law School and specialises in the design and delivery of training in a number of jurisdictions on topics such as money laundering and counter terrorism finance.
Fraud & Financial / Business Crime
- R v W & Others. Largest cash for crash case in Britain – 83 Defendants, Operation Nacho. Counsel for main defendant. In excess of £3m revenue.
- R v F & others. £1 million VAT fraud alleged against members of GB Paralympic team- acquitted, Recorder of Leeds.
- R v W. Executive of the UKBA, fraudulent CV case, £1/2 Million value against West Midlands Economic Crime Unit. Birmingham Crown Court.
- R v M. Misappropriation of corporate rebate funds.
- R v B. Manager of Money Service business charged with Regulatory offences and money laundering.
- R v P. Money laundering from drug importation conspiracy – acquitted.
- R v T & C. Money laundering.
- R v Steven Wright. D charged with murder from running down a youth – led by Roy Amlot QC – manslaughter returned. I appeared in the Court of Appeal relating to sentence which is a reported case.
- R v P. Double death by dangerous by RAF instructor. Appeal against disqualification reported.
- R v T. 1st South Bank happy slap murder, junior counsel. Common Serjeant commended me regarding legal argument excluding admissions to prison tutor as intelligence material.
- R v W. Instructed to resist AG-Ref for double death by dangerous
- R v B. Death by dangerous of defendant’s baby daughter, dangerous condition of car seat. Leading counsel.
- R v W. Ambulance paramedic acquitted of death by careless. Instructed by Ambulance trust. Stafford Crown Court. D acquitted.
- R v W. Police driver acquitted of death by dangerous on response call. Reading Crown Court.
- R v H. Policeman acquitted of death by dangerous on response call, Bolton Crown Court.
- R v R. Police officer charged with dangerous driving – non fatal serious collision whilst on 999 call.
- R v C (2018) Death by carelessdriving where driver flipped Ferrari killing passenger.
- R v B. High profile case, bus driver charged with death by careless. Sheffield Crown Court.
- R v A. Attempted murder. St Albans Crown Court, HHJ Griffiths. Pakistani family feud attacked. Acquitted.
- R v R. Special Branch PC acquitted of perverting the course of justice. Norwich Crown Court.
- R v S. PC acquitted of Perverting the course of justice- repeat client pleaded to misconduct in public office 2nd case. Chelmsford Crown Court.
- R v M. Commended in the Court of Appeal for conduct of appeal against conviction for armed robbery and firearms where weapons discharged.  EWCA Crim 1195 “We consider that he argued the case conspicuously well and we would like to commend him.” Treacey J.
- R v C. PC charged with perverting the course of justice – falsifying fixed penalty exemption form.
- R v M & others. Multi handed drugs conspiracy.
- In Re L. 6 week inquest regarding police pursuit policy
- PC G. Drink Drive PC disc hearing and appeal
- PC C. Traffic officer charged with perverting
- Pc J. Olympic sniper charged with careless driving and misconduct
- PC W. PC misconduct re drafting witness statement: honesty and integrity
- Dr. M. GME discipline hearing fitness to practice
Grade 4 prosecutor icluded on Serious Crime Group List and Counter Terrorism Panel of advocates.
2010 – 2019
- R v C, N, I, M & D (2019) – Join enterprise gang related attempted murders.
- R v D (2019) – S.1 Terrorism Act prosecution.
- R v M (2017) – Dissemination of IDID propaganda.
- R v W (2017) – Prosecution of returnee from Syria.
- R v A (2016) – Attempted possession of Chemical weapon prosecution.
- R v H (2016) – Leading Counsel, prosecution of individuals intent to leave the UK covertly to join ISIS.
Organised Crime / Fraud, Financial, Business & Cybercrime
- R v K, leading junior (2019) – Prosecution of cyber criminal who carried out an attack which knoacked a nation offline. Defendant UK national of Israeli birth operating from Cyprus to unleash malware and botnet.
- R v C et al (2018) – organised conspiracy to defraud vulnerable and elderly residents.
- R v K & S (2018) – Covert police operation to infiltrate paedophile ring.
- R v S & others. SECCU, leading junior, 49 vehicle “flipping” conspiracy to defraud. 5handed. 40 day trial. Guildford Crown Court.
- R v G & others. SECCU, leading junior, 54 offences conspiracy to burgle, 6 handed. Maidstone Crown Court.
- R v D & others. Cross Border, leading junior, 50 offences conspiracy to burgle 24 day trial.
- R v T & A. Money Laundering involving money exchange businesses
- R v L . Money laundering ancillary to drugs offences.
- R v A & Others. 4 handed gang rape, Southwark Crown Court. Letter of commendation from trial judge to CPS.
- R v P. Rape of 12 year old, both complainant and mother with acute learning difficulties. Reading Crown Court.
- R v B. Rape on the basis of vitiating consent by fraud, impersonating another
- R v B. Rape on the basis of no condom, no consent.
- R v W. Serious historic sexual offences. Multi complainant. Leading junior. Admissibility of confession to counsellor.
- R v H. Police officer charged with dangerous driving arising out of police persuit.
- R.v ex p. Haque. (Mitting J.  EWHC 2457 (Admin)) -Custody time limit applications.
- University of Reading LLB (HONS)
- Inns of Court School of Law
- Inner Temple
Click here for my Personal Privacy Statement