Year of call: 1990
Jon is an established defence advocate specialising in serious crime for the past 26 years. He has considerable experience in a wide variety of high profile criminal cases often followed with interest from the media.
Jon is exclusively instructed to defend on matters involving murder and attempted murder, manslaughter, allegations of serious violence, rape, sexual assault and high value fraud. He has acted as leading counsel on a large number of serious cases, including murder and large conspiracies.
Jon’s professionalism and success is reflected in the continuing high demand for his services from instructing solicitors including many repeat clients and referrals. He has been described as pro-active and has a hands on style when conducting cases.
Jon has recently defended three people, one accused of a serious sexual offence, another accused of historical sexual abuse of the complainant and the third being accused of assisting a drugs gang to money launder the proceeds of crime. All three were acquitted.
Jon is also regularly instructed to provide advice and assistance in the most serious cases that have resulted in conviction with a view to having these cases reviewed by the Criminal Court of Appeal and the Criminal Cases Review Commission. Jon accepts this work through public access as well as through solicitors.
- R -v- C – Liverpool Crown Court – The defendant was charged with being in possession of a large quantity of drugs as part of a large scale multi handed conspiracy to supply. Defendant acquitted after a six week trial.
- R -v- D – Inner London Crown Court – The defendant was part of an Irish performing arts group with an international reputation. The defendant was charged with a very serious assault and was acquitted.
- R v RH – Croydon Crown Court – Defendant charged with murder of his flatmate having confessed the crime to a clairvoyant during a reading two weeks later. The case attracted a huge amount of media interest.
- R –v A – Criminal Court of Appeal – Case involving the activities of the ‘Burger Bar Boys’, an organised crime group involved in supplying firearms on national scale.
The case latter came before the Court of Appeal with the Lord Chief Justice presiding on an AG reference. The case provided guidance on sentencing.
- R v E – Central Criminal Court – Jon Anders recently defended in a case involving a Libyan national accused of being involved in supplying arms to Libya to assist combatants engaged in civil war.
The case was later referred to by a specially constituted Court of Appeal, presided over by the Lord Chief Justice, issuing guidance on sentencing.
- R v M – Teesside Crown Court – Jon was instructed in a large scale drugs conspiracy in the North England.
- R v N – Croydon Crown Court – Successful defence in Operation Trident prosecution of a man accused of a serious stabbing.
- R v I – Croydon Crown Court – Successful defence of a young woman alleged to have been in possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life in a Trident Operation prosecution.
- R v F – Southwark Crown Court – Jon acted as leading counsel in a large scale drugs importation matter.
- R v C Woolwich Crown Court – Jon defended in a complex fraud where the defendant, a currency and commodities trader, was charged with money laundering.
- R v H – Croydon Crown Court – Jon acted as leading counsel for this defendant in a multi-handed historic paedophile ring case. Jon was the only advocate to successfully gain an acquittal after a seven week trial
- R v D – Kingston Crown Court – Jon was instructed as leading counsel in a large conspiracy to rob case, Jon was the only advocate to successfully defend his client against the conspiracy to rob charge.
- R v O – Central Criminal Court – Jon acted as leading counsel for a client charged in a high profile internet fraud case, the case received a large amount of media attention.
- R v T – Teesside Crown Court – Jon acted as leading counsel in a large scale drugs conspiracy. The case attracted media attention.
- R v O – Central Criminal Court – Jon acted as leading counsel in this murder case where the defendant killed her partner and concealed his body for several days in a wheelie bin.
- R v M – Wood Green Crown Court – Jon was instructed in one of the more serious of the many riot cases heard in London.
- R v C – Central Criminal Court – This was the Sydenham/Home Park murder trial. The defence team were successful in securing an acquittal of the murder charge.
- R v A – Croydon Crown Court – This was a case involving an allegation of perverting the course of justice were following a gangland killing a number of defendants conspired to assist those accused of murder to escape the jurisdiction.
- R v A – Blackfriars Crown Court – Jon successfully defended this defendant who had been charged with a robbery alongside Learco Chindamo.
- R v W – Inner London Crown Court – Jon successfully defended Mr W on an allegation of a very serious assault on a London student.
- R v H – Central Criminal Court – Gang related grievous bodily harm. Allegation that members of the ‘Black Mafia’ gang broke into a private residence during a party to avenge a perceived slight apparently made by one of the attendees. This defendant was the only defendant to be acquitted.
- R v M – Inner London Crown Court – Robbery and possession of firearms acting as leading counsel. The Crown alleged that five defendants were involved in a large number of violent robberies on betting shops in South-east London. This included a robbery of a cash-in-transit van.
- R v T – Manchester Crown Court – Large scale company fraud. Defendant allegedly caused a deficit of £3 million to a steel reinforcements company, KB Reinforcements [Northern Limited] through systematically defrauding the parent company.
- R v DP – Portsmouth Crown Court – Blackmail, false imprisonment and assault, acting as leading counsel. One of five defendants, the Crown alleged that the defendants were a group involved in large scale drug dealing and had attempted to recover perceived debts through violent means. This defendant was the only defendant to be acquitted.
- R v SS – St Albans Crown Court – Robbery, acting as leading counsel. One of six defendants involved an allegation by the Crown of a campaign of robberies committed mainly against Argos stores across the South of England.
- R v C – Central Criminal Court – Attempted murder. One of eight defendants, the case involved allegations of stabbing, robbery and violence between two gangs.
- R v W – Central Criminal Court – Murder, acting as leading counsel. The defendant with his brother and one other was alleged to have repeatedly stabbed a man following a drunken dispute. The defendant accepted that he had caused the injuries alleged by the Crown and which had caused the death but claimed diminished responsibility.
- R v P – Southwark Crown Court – Conspiracy to supply Drugs, acting as leading counsel. One of four defendants alleged to be producing cannabis in a Huddersfield warehouse. At the time of the hearing it was reputed to be the biggest operation found in this country.
Jon is public access qualified.
Click here for my Personal Privacy Statement