Year of call: 1994
Gabrielle prosecutes and defends in serious criminal cases including sexual offences, violence, dishonesty, drugs offences and firearms.
Gabrielle is a Grade 3 Prosecutor for the Crown Prosecution Service and is on the Specialist Rape List for the London, South East and Western Circuits.
In family cases, Gabrielle acts in applications for residence, contact, specific issues and applications to remove from the jurisdiction. She also acts where application is made to place children in the care of local authorities, particularly where there are allegations of sexual or physical abuse.
Gabrielle has experience of providing advice on legal issues in the British Overseas Territories. During 2009-2010 Gabrielle was Crown Counsel attached to the Attorney General’s Chambers in Ascension Island with responsibility for prosecutions, legislative drafting and advising on a wide range of legal issues for the Ascension Island Government. In March – May 2011 Gabrielle acted as Locum Crown Counsel for the St Helena Government.
Gabrielle was formerly a legal officer in the rank of Major in the Adjutant General’s Corps (Army Legal Services) from 1997 to 2001. Due to her military experience she often defends at Courts Martial.
Gabrielle completed pupillage in a leading London set and was supervised by Christopher Coney (civil), Marcus Scott-Manderson QC and Henry Setright QC (family).
Gabrielle is authorised to accept instructions under the Public Access and Direct Access schemes.
- R v H – prosecution conviction for armed robbery of a bank, Central Criminal Court
- R v S – prosecution convictions for multiple rape of a 12 year old girl – Isleworth Crown Court
- R v AS, A & F – prosecution convictions for gang attack involving wounding with intent, victim was repeatedly stabbed but refused to provide a statement – Inner London Crown Court
- R v S, prosecution conviction of a Doctor for sexually assaulting a female passenger on public transport – Luton Crown Court
- R v A, B & H – prosecution convictions for multi-handed armed robbery of a shop – Luton Crown Court
- R v Sgt B – defence of a Royal Air Force Sergeant accused of sexually assaulting a colleague – Colchester Court Martial (acquittal)
- R v LCpl S – defence of an Army soldier accused of sexually assaulting a femalesoldier in Germany – Sennelager Court Martial (acquittal)
- R v O – defence of an ex-Naval rating accused of sexually assaulting a servicewoman – HMS Nelson (acquittal)
- R v CPO – defence of a Royal Navy Chief Petty Officer serving policeman for allegedly wounding a Royal Marine in Diego Garcia – HMS Nelson (acquittal)
- R v R & other – defence in 33 count moneylaundering case – St Albans Crown Court (acquittal)
- R v R & other – defence in stranger rape by two males – Central Criminal Court (acquittal)
- LLB London
- Lincoln’s Inn (Hardwicke Scholar)
- Member of Association of Military Court Advocates