Year of call: 2007
Edward specialises in criminal law. He defends and prosecutes across London, the South East and the Midlands. He is regularly instructed in cases involving conspiracy, serious violence, dishonesty, drug supply, public disorder, sexual offences and proceeds of crime/confiscation.
Edward is a CPS Panel Advocate:
General Crime (Level 3)
Specialist Proceeds of Crime (Level 2)
- Kingston Crown Court (2020 – ongoing) – defending domestic poisoning with intent and fraud.
- Snaresbrook Crown Court (2020 – ongoing) – Led junior prosecuting multi-handed county-lines drug supply conspiracy.
- Portsmouth Crown Court (2020) – defending £25k Construction Industry Scheme tax fraud.
- Portsmouth Crown Court (2020) – defending in multi-handed £300k credit card fraud conspiracy and related confiscation proceedings.
- Portsmouth Crown Court (2020) – prosecuting £100k fraudulent refunds conspiracy targeting John Lewis nation-wide.
- Warwick Crown Court (2019) – Led junior prosecuting multi-handed armed robbery (cash in transit) conspiracy.
- Liverpool Crown Court (2019) – defending historic (1980s) child sex offences.
- Court of Appeal (2019) – Appealing minimum term burglary sentence.
- Oxford Crown Court (2019) – prosecuting death by careless driving.
- Portsmouth Crown Court (2019) – defending £150k patents investment fraud.
- Warwick Crown Court (2018) – prosecuting possession of firearm with intent to cause Police fear of violence.
- Aylesbury Crown Court (2018) – prosecuting money laundering of proceeds of widespread confidence fraud.
- Birmingham Crown Court (2018) – prosecuting widespread immigration fraud.
- Woolwich Crown Court (2018) – prosecuting multi-handed s.18 conviction appeals from the Youth Court.
- Birmingham Crown Court (2018) – prosecuting attempted kidnap (stranger) of child.
- Woolwich Crown Court (2017) – prosecuting a home invasion robbery involving the false imprisonment and assault of the victim.
- Central Criminal Court (2017) – prosecuting a theft and fraud sale of £250k vintage sports car.
- Aylesbury Crown Court (2017) – prosecuting a s.18 stabbing of victim in her sleep.
- St Albans Crown Court (2017) – prosecuting a multi-handed conspiracy to steal copper wiring from empty NHS buildings.
Edward regularly advises on appeals from the Crown Court. Reported Court of Appeal judgments include R v Coombs  All ER (D) 144 (Sep).
Edward grew up in England and Belgium, attending French speaking, international schools. He studied history at undergraduate and postgraduate level at the Universities of Edinburgh and Sussex before law at the College of Law and Kings College London.
Edward is a member of the Western Circuit.
- MA (General) University of Edinburgh
- MA (Intellectual History) University of Sussex
- LLB (Hons) and BVC, The College of Law, London
- LLM (Criminal Law) King’s College London
- Middle Temple
Click here for my Personal Privacy Statement